Tengkat Tong Shin is off Alor Road (Jalan Alor) which is a paradise of the best hawker foods in KL. This is a great space for foodies who want to enjoy the rhythms and pace of KL. The street is a mix of residential with low-traffic businesses such as spa and convenience stores, except at night when this road draws in the dinner and supper crowd. Staying in Anggun will mean ambient sounds of the city. There will be some traffic noise on the front rooms, ie muffled drones of vehicles whizzing by sometimes. But most of the rooms are relatively “embedded” within the building so the sound is muted. **If you’re looking for absolute silence, this is not a suitable place.
Hawker highlights around the corner include our neighbour’s roti canai, nasi kandar, naan (24 hours), char koay teow (Blue Boy Vegetarian, morning to late afternoon), chicken rice, noodle broth (morning and lunch), Muar food (lunch and dinner). Vietnamese food from Sao Nam, an award-winning restaurant is just few paces away (lunch and dinner). ** A food map will be provided!
Anggun is located in the last remaining section of a residential neighbourhood with small businesses and calmer compared to parallel roads but yet within short walking distance to every amenity, primarily food and major shopping malls in Bukit Bintang. Its really easy to walk everywhere:
- 5 minutes walk to the multi-cuisine restaurants and eclectic bars of Changkat Bukit Bintang
- 1 minute walk to the world-famous Jalan Alor hawker street with over 200 hawker food stalls
- 5 minutes walk to shopping malls (Sg Wang Plaza, Pavilion, Fahrenheit 88, Starhill, Lot 10, Low Yat for electrical and digital items, Times Square, etc.)
- 1 minute walk to the award-winning Sao Nam Vietnamese Restaurant
- 1 minute walk to spas and massage centres
- The Hop On Hop Off coach tours bus stop is opposite our hotel
- 10 minutes walk to Imbi Monorail Station and Bukit Bintang Train Station
- 10 minutes walk to Malaysia’s most famous Chinatown bazaar for your shopping bargains and Chinese food
- In the vicinity of Chinatown is Central Market
- Short walk from Central Market is Merdeka Square surrounded by majestic colonial buildings
- 10 minutes walk to Pudu Sentral bus terminal to catch inter-city buses
- 5 minutes by car to Prince Court Medical Centre
- 5 minutes by car to KL Golf & Country Club (KLGCC)
- 10-15 minutes drive to Embassy Row in Jalan Ampang
Pls check out Google Map for a driving direction:
View Anggun Kuala Lumpur in a larger map
Parking: With only 18 rooms and suites, there is no parking bays but we kindly recommend guests to park at the car park behind our hotel (see above map). It is only 1 minute walk to our hotel and is a pay parking. For help to bring your luggages to the hotel or for directions to the car park, please call +6019-2120784 (call from international line) or 019-2120784 (call from local line).